Jennifer Lopez is known for having an amazing body and living a healthy lifestyle to maintain it. In January of 2019, she posted on Instagram that she was giving up carbs and sugar for 10 days. Reportedly, she also gave up dairy and alcohol. The challenge gain popularity as Today Show host, Hoda Kotb, joined on the bandwagon after seeing a picture of J. Lo on Day 9 of the diet.
Join the #NoCarbNoSugar Challenge with Jennifer Lopez by adhering to the guidelines below for 10 days! If you can’t do this for 10 days, feel free to do it for whatever amount of time you see fit!
No Carbs, No Sugar Challenge
Although you will notice that the diet is not completely free of sugar or carbs, it only contains healthy carbs and foods with no added sugar.
What You CAN Eat
- Non-starchy vegetables (including kale, spinach, celery, broccoli, lettuce, cucumbers, cauliflower, bell peppers, and zucchini)
- Unsweetened teas and seltzers
- Spices and seasonings
- Nuts and sugar-free nut butter (peanut butter, almond butter, and soy butter) and seeds
- Meat and poultry (beef, pork, chicken, and turkey)
- Healthy Oils: Olive oil
- Blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries (limit these foods)
What You CANNOT Eat
- Starchy vegetables—this includes potatoes, beets, sweet potatoes, parsnips, and winter squash
- Bread, cakes, cookies, crackers, etc.
- High-Sugar Fruits
- Grains (such as wheat, corn, and rice), beans (such as black, kidney, and pinto), and legumes (such as chickpeas and lentils)
- Condiments with sugar (ketchup, bbq sauce, etc.)
- Sweeteners (even artificial sweeteners)