When I walked into Green Vegetarian, a restaurant in Houston, and saw “cauliflower hot wings” on the menu, my heart filled with excitement just at the sound of it. My expectations were met the moment I tasted these bites of heaven. You may not believe me, but they taste just like hot wings! And this restaurant has vegan poblano ranch to go with the hot wings and it’s so delicious I had to take some to go. These are also a great snack to make at home and it’s really easy. Read the recipe below…
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup of hot sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp of Earth Balance Soy-Free Vegan Butter
- Take the head of cauliflower and cut it into florets
- In a bowl, mix flour, cayenne pepper, salt, and water thoroughly.
- Line a cookie sheet with non-stick paper (parchment paper)
- Dip each cauliflower floret in the flour mixture and then place each piece on the parchment paper
- Bake these for 8-12 minutes on 425 degrees and then once the batter gets crunchy on the top side, flip each piece over and bake for an additional 6-8 minutes.
- Place the Earth Balance Butter in a bowl and heat it in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Now, mix the hot sauce into the bowl with the melted vegan butter
- Take a few pieces of the florets at a time and drop it in the buffalo sauce mixture until each piece is fully coated.
- Pour some Daiya dressing on a plate with your cauliflower hot wings and savor every vegan moment!