The Belly Fat Cure Diet, created by health and wellness expert, Jorge Cruise, is a quick and effective way to burn belly fat once and for all. This plan has been known to cause a weight loss of 4-9 pounds each week. Instead of counting calories, Cruise’s program focuses on counting carbohydrates and sugar, which are the two sources of stomach fat because “insulin manages blood sugar levels and controls the accumulation of fat — especially around the waistline.”
The Belly Fat Diet only encompasses two main rules! Each day you are only allowed
- 15 grams of sugar (don’t count foods with less than 0.5 grams of sugar); and
- 6 servings of “healthy, unprocessed carbohydrates”, which is 5-20 grams of carbs per serving. If you follow this main rule, you will be on your way to a flat stomach in no time!
Along with the main rule of the diet, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Although one serving of carbs is 5-20 grams of carbs, that does not mean you will have the maximum of 120 grams of carbs per day, because you should count serving sizes. For example, eating a granola bar that has 11 grams of carbs and a sandwich that has 20 grams of carbs are both equivalents to one serving of carbs because they are both between 5-20 grams of carbs.
- Also, try to limit your use of artificial sweeteners. Most artificial sweeteners are discouraged, but sugar alcohols (xylitol) and stevia are approved for the diet.
Once you get to your goal weight, continue limiting your sugar and carbohydrates to maintain the weight loss, but feel free to slowly increase your servings of sugar and carbohydrates to get more vitamins and nutrients.
Sample Daily Meal Plan
- Breakfast = 3 eggs, 2 slices buttered toast (recommended Ezekial 4:9 Whole Grain Bread)
- Snack = Handful of walnuts
- Lunch = Tuna salad on one piece pita bread
- Snack = 1 cup cottage cheese (sprinkled with approved sweetener)
- Dinner = Grilled chicken or steak, sautéed veggies and 1/2 cup brown rice
Although it is not needed, feel free to order Cruise’s book, The Belly Fat Cure, for recommended meal plans and more information.