“Money is such an amazing teacher. What you choose to do with your money shows whether you are truly powerful or powerless.” – Suze Orman
Do you find it hard to save money? What if I told you that saving money is easy…and it can even be fun? Start this 12-month money challenge and watch your bank account increase month by month. Each month of this challenge, track how much money you save by implementing these strategies.
- Month 1: No Fast Food
- Month 2: Cut Off Your Air Conditioning for 12 Hours of Each Day
- Month 3: Every Dollar You Spend, Add a Dollar to Savings (Excluding Purchases over $100)
- Month 4: Cancel Your Netflix, Hulu, and Any Other Entertainment Subscriptions
- Month 5: No Retail Spending (Clothes, Shoes, Jewelry, Etc.)
- Month 6: Find a Way to Make Extra Money Once a Week (Ex: Ebay, Yard Sale, Uber, Lyft, Babysit, Etc.)
- Month 7: Leave Your Credit Card at Home
- Month 8: Before You Buy Anything Over $10, Search The Internet for a Coupon
- Month 9: Grocery Shop Generic Brands, Instead of Name Brands
- Month 10: Before You Run Any Errand, Budget The Cost, and Withdraw Cash that Equals the Budgeted Amount. (This Will Prevent You From Overspending)
- Month 11: Bring Your Lunch to Work Each Day
- Month 12: Quit All Expensive Habits This Month (smoking, hair, nails, waxing, etc.)
Are you in? Let’s start today!
Photo: (Photo: Jason Stitt/Fotolia)